Jesus said “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…” Matthew 28:19. An important value of the Presbyterian Church of Whitewood is our mission to the world. It begins in our own community, and spreads overseas. Our family serves and participates in many different activities, from helping in the kitchen to facilitating “Operation Christmas Child”.
Children and Youth Ministries
- Sunday School is an exciting opportunity for children to come and learn more about God’s word through stories and activities. Sunday school is offered for children starting at age 3 and ends with 8th grade graduation. It is Sunday after church from 10:30am – 11:30 throughout the school year.
Youth Group is an opportunity for grades 6th through 12th to fellowship in a Christian setting. Every March they attend the annual Youth Group Conference in Pierre. Their goal is to attend the National Youth Convention in 2016. All youth are welcome!!!
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) to be announced.
- Women’s Bible Study meets each Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at the church. These lessons generate a lively discussion, sharing of personal experiences, and provide special times of interaction. These experiences bring us closer to one another and the Lord.
- Men’s Group meets Wednesday mornings at Howdy’s.
- Presbyterian Women, or The Ladies Aid Society, as it was first named, has played a very important part in the Whitewood Presbyterian Church since its origination in 1888. The women are involved throughout the year by hosting potlucks and seasonal parties for the congregation, decorating for the holidays, preparing for funeral receptions, and providing donations to our youth group, the Whitewood Food Pantry the Sturgis Crisis Intervention Center, and wherever else they deem necessary! All Presbyterian women, young and old, are welcome!!
- Choir practice is 7pm at the church every Wednesday during the school year. Our choir is open to any and all who want to ‘make a joyful noise unto the Lord.’ They perform moving contemporary and traditional music.
- Special Music is a gift bestowed occasionally to the congregation from members and guests alike. We are treated to vocal and instrumental talents. Bring tissues! Some performances draw tears to your eyes. We welcome anyone and everyone’s talents.
Community Outreach Ministries
If there is a special need in the community, you will probably see us there!!
- Whitewood Summer Recreation Program ~ funds were donated to help with the 2014 summer program